Made with the best ingredients, this baked Crab dish is a really wonderful starter that would impress even the most discerning dinner guest.
2 large dressed crabs
1 glass dry white wine
1 dash dry sherry
1 banana shallot finely diced
2 star anise
1tbsp English Mustard
1 pint of double cream
100g Sharpham Rustic Cheese
1. Remove the crab meat from the shells and place into the fridge.
2. In a saucepan reduce the wine and sherry with the shallots and star anise, until the liquid is nearly gone.
3. Add the mustard and cream and reduce further by 1/3.
4. Fold in the crab meat and spoon the mixture into the clean crab shells.
5. Top with crumbled or grated Sharpham Rustic and place under a hot grill until gratinated.